Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wow! por Qué el tiempo Vuela en México?

August 18, 2014

Dear Family,

This week has been a great progress in the Work of Salvation. We put a deadline for Alex, to help him quit smoking, and are progressing that much closer to his baptism. We also have two entire families who are progressing, and have baptismal dates for the beginning of September. One is a reference of a reference of a contact, (estamos trabajando un buen) called Elva with her two sons Lalo and Alejandro. Her house reminds me of many of the faithful brothers that I visited in Miramar, and is growing spiritually. The other is a contact who lives beside where a less active member lived (no sé como encontramos la mital de estes personas) named Anahí with her three daughters Lizbeth, Karen, and Ana. Two of her daughters were sick this Sunday but they’re reading and developing their testimony of the Book Of Mormon. They are opening up to us, and have shown us many of their talents and interests. Our converts are remaining strong as well. Berenice came back from summer vacations, Merary is attending more consistently again, Lourdes has multiple names to bring to the temple next month, and our most recent baptisms of Angelo and Joselyn are extremely pumped to be members of the church. In our lesson with Joselyn this Tuesday, she reminded me a lot like Livi, energetic and always wants to play. Recently we are struggling to coordinate with the members, but we have the full support of the bishop. The Custodio family that we recently reactivated had the inscribed baptism of their daughter, and our church attendance is growing once more.

I saw a noseless cat this week! 

This Tuesday I went to the last Zone meeting with Elder Brown from Brigham City Utah. As it happens, he has been my American Zone leader all of my mission up to this point, and returns home at the end of the month. I am very grateful for his stewardship and insights in the work.

As we were walking to visit Anahí this week, I noticed that there was lighting and thunder in the distance, for Mexicali or Tecate. Although the people here did not receive any rainfall this week, it was grandly mysterious to think that God was creating this storm in one area, and that we were preaching the truths inside a small room to His beloved Children. I know that I am here to serve my god and my fellow brothers, and bring them into the straight and narrow path to enter in the Kingdom of our Loving Heavenly Father. I push myself daily to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord, and love to saver this small part in the grand Work that is spreading forth to the extremes of the earth. I love you all, and I wish I had more time to express this joy to all of you.

Sincerely with love,


Elder Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment