Monday, May 4, 2015

Elder Jimenez regresó a la Zona Tijuana

March 9, 2015

Dear family,

This week felt quite normal, but in reality we fulfilled a great many things. In order to begin, there are many members in both wards that are reactivating, and we are receiving more support from the bishoprics to keep furthering our work. Many of our investigadores are assisting regularly, and we have many baptisms coming up in a few weeks. There was emergency exchanges in the District, the president decided to put Elders back again in the other sector, because it was too dangerous for the sisters. Hermana Rodriguez and Hermana Leon were both a little bummed, because the had many people committed to baptism and are within their last two month of the mission, but changes are the only thing that’s normal here. Now the Secretaries are working their which means I am district leader over my trainer!

Serving one another is the easiest way to gain the confidence of members and non-members, strangers and acquaintances. We had multiple opportunidades to rebuild a bit of the house that burnt down a few weeks ago, we are cleaning up a bunch of weeds for a few members, and we are always aware of chances to serve those who we meet. We have increased our contacts as a mission, and I feel that the number of new investigadores is going to stay very high these next few months, which in turn results in more Brothers and sisters making eternal covenants with God. In our sector we aim to fulfill our goal to baptize four people this month and in April.

I know that this work is real, and that dangers are always present. I strive daily to remain clean and obedient in order to receive the blessings my father in heaven has prepared for me. I have no idea when I will receive these great gifts, or if the Lord desires to build me up a little more before he blesses me, but I know that He has a plan for me, one where I can live eternally with the family I have and the family I will have. I have a role to fill here in Tijuana, and I need to keep inviting everyone to come unto the savior and redeemer of the world. I can fell His endless love for me, and I seek His spirit constantly. This is my moment to actively establish the Kingdom of God on earth, and I enjoy every day I have to be in the service of our Lord. I love you all, and I will write more next week.

Sincerely,


Elder Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment