Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Conferencia de Estaca

January 26, 2015

Dear Family,

I can definitely say I have accomplished much in these wards. After working for months, I have regained the confidence of the mayor parte de los miembros y podemos trabajar juntos en apresurando la Obra de Salvación. El Presidente confirmed with me that they´ll open the other area to missionaries here really soon, so our goal right now is to capacitate the members of Palmeras while we adjust the main part of our attention to Los Altos (which is well needed, truly). We also had the chance to help a few members out with service, moving furniture and cleaning up a bit. This week we also have plans to help Julio receive his Patriarchal Blessing. Beto Arredondo, our very young Elder’s quorum president invited us to make visits with him, but as we already knew it is extremely difficult to reactivate the Priesthood Brethren who have lengthened themselves from the church. We are trying so hard to contact the families of the few new investigators we have, and we are seeing progress.

Monday a sister from Palmeras invited us to eat, so we challenged her to bring a friend who is not a member or someone who hasn’t been to church for a while. It turns out the sister invited a timid single adult who works a lot, and we invited her to stake conference. Ramon is crazy, he also showed up to the conference, along with a young women who really just lacks a baptism. Two other sisters brought references from other parts of Tijuana to see Elder Jesus Alfaro Ortiz Tirado, a gringo from D.F. Our presidente de misión tambien estuvo presente. Everyone there talked about the various things that any member can improve on, and we even had to chance to listen to the testimonies of a few recent converts in the Stake, one which I interviewed in the Sister’s sector. I expect to see greater enthusiasm and support from the ward in fulfilling their responsibilities. Oh! And guess what? My First convert and a member who I reactivated here both received the Melchizedec Priesthood Yesterday! That is truly conversion and growth of the church of God.

As for food, we’ve been eating the same stuff- everything really tasty. Rice, chicken, beans, Rice, spaghetti, beans, stir fry dishes, even hot dogs! Así es (So is) the typical food here, nothing strange but really good. Today I order sushi from the fast food joint where Cesar Valdez works, and he is still pumped four months after his baptism. I can’t use chopsticks to save my life, but that’s why I am on this end of the Pacific Ocean. We gave a bit of our leftovers to a new investigator, Jose, because the last thing missionaries’ need is more pizza.

Have Jake write me, now that his leg has recovered and he can serve with all his might, just remind him to use his mind too. He’s already got heart and strength. How many missionaries do we have out in the ward? Stake?

I know that this is the true organization that Jesus Christ established when he ministered unto us. I know that if we develop our hope in him, any one of our God-given abilities will improve and strengthen. I know that this is a very real and worthwhile cause which I am dedicated to and privileged to be a part of this great haste in these latter days. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and that Jesus Christ is the Son of our Loving Heavenly Father. I will continue to labor beside the Lord here in Tijuana, and I shall wait and trust in the promises He has made us. 

Sincerely,


Elder Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment