Monday, December 8, 2014

Here it is!

My dear beloved Family,                                                                             July 7

Ha! rain and Hail at electric lake. Actually it has not been so rainy here, and many people here have not seen hail or snow. It is good to here that the fish are waiting for me to come back, then I can catch and eat all I want! 

What business did you have in Manti, Mom? I never recieved the 4 generation chart from Livi, could you send it again? Keep working in the sprinklers, although the weather is not too extreme here I can take the heat when I get back. I hope everyone had a fun time at the Tobler reunion, and thank all of you for your support and interest. WHAT! Everyone forgot it was Father's day??? The ward had a nice activity a few weeks back to celebrate the occasion. Anyway, it is good tpo here tha world is still turning there in Utah. And speaking of which, I don't recognize the night sky in the summer! it's all shifted and new.  Except the bugs, they are still eating me, but at least I can sleep. Oh, and I would LOVE to buy some peanut butter, but it is expensive and I don't have much time to fiind it. Keep having a fun summer camping, sewing, reading, and have fun in the sun!

On monday we continued working with Alex, as he and his wife arrange the papers for their wedding. It is so interesting teaching him, because often he responds in english, because he spent most of his life just outside of San Diego. Then we had a fun family home evening with the Valdez to strengthn the connection there. Working with electronics in mexico as a missionary is alienish, and there is never a simple or fast solution.  One of our youth investigators is still battling with attending church, hopefully this week we can clear up some of his concerns. Our ward mission leader is fantastic, energetic, and especially he is a spiritual fighter. He is overseeing the working the ward very well, and thanks to him the recent converts are progressing substancially.  The bishop gave us a list of members to contact in a distant canyon in our sector, and we have contacted many people there. we'll keep working on a plan to get them to church, but I am excited to see new faces who want to hear our messege. iqually we are working with the priesthood organizations to get four men in particular to recieve the Higher Priesthood. Yesterday in our mission work meeting in the stake center, we could see once again htat we are not faltering in any point in particular, but that we can strive for better results in all areas.

On Friday I had the opportunity to meet my new mission president, Presidente Garcia, From Hildago Mexico. I really did miss the Fourth of July traditions we have, but I am excited to work and hasten the work with this man chosen by God to lead me. He is very strong spiritually, and has a desire to become more enfocused in the simple and clear doctrines and principles that are contained in Preach My Gospel. Also, I hope everyone at home pays special attencion to the letter the First Presidency sent out, that we can bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of every indiviual who has the chance to hear us.

On Saterday we held an Open House, and this past month we were inviting people like mad to attend.  There were several members, even those less active members, and we contacted five people who could accept our messege.. in the neighboring sector. The reality is that it is not important, what is crucial is that the work progresses en every end of the earth.I know that this is the truth, and that we can continue to raise our voices with pride and share this gospel with everyone. And as missionaries, we can only do this if we have studied and understood the lessons contained within the scriptures. I know the scriptures are true, and that Joshep smith was calle as a prophet of God. I know the Book of Mormon can answer the questions of the soul, and that I cannot deny the truthfulness of the word that I have been taught since my childhood.  Thank you everyone for your prayers and your love.

Sincerely,


Elder Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment