Monday, December 15, 2014

Sabe que??? Mi compañero es Samuel el Lamanita! [He knows ??? My partner is Samuel the Lamanite!]

Dear Family,                                                                             August 4, 2014

I have a companion again! Elder Romero has been nothing but superb this week. We quickly re-initiated the work by contacting various people by our own efforts, and strongly establishing the work here in Barrio Reforma. Elder Romero showed up on Tuesday evening, and is halfway through his mission. He's de puebla, and he is an athlete and a dedicated servant of the Lord.

On Monday I was still in a trio with those Elders de Huertas, and we went to the nearby Plaza and ate Peter Piper's Pizza in the buffet. I ate two whole pizzas! ANIMO! [ENCOURAGE!] haha, and I am grateful for the coordination in the ward, and worked for two days more with priests as my companion. On Tuesday Elder Romero came just in time to here that we basically have no organization of the Priesthood in the ward, excluding the Bishop and his counselors. Yesterday I informed the Stake President that we are working on that. One of the many way that we are contacting new people is by following the assignments of the bishop and the lista disconocidas que nos dio el secretario (unknown list I gave the secretary). I saw flaming pink clouds on Friday night, it rained Saturday, and things are just about normal again in this sector.

Our investigators are doing wonderfully! Alex only need to surpass his problem of smoking this week, Angelito is ready for his baptism on Wednesday, and we have many baptismal dates for September already.  Do you believe in miracles? In ward council on yesterday the Primary and relief society president informed the bishop of a little girl who will turn 9 on Tuesday, who is not baptized, and her parents now want to come back to church. Surprise! A gift from all of our dificultades de este semana, (difficulties this week) and I am grateful to see the blessing of the Lord here and in those who surround my life. I know that when we develop our faith in Christ we acquire greater power than we realize that we posses. I know this Work of the Lord is real, and I find joy in proclaiming my voice unto my brotheren here in Tijuana.

Sincerely,


Elder Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment