Saturday, November 30, 2013

2 new letters and a picture

This picture and letter wasn't sent on Nov 21 as is was suppose to so I received it on the 27th with a second letter. The Lord really know when we need extra blessings and support.

Dear Family,

I assisted yesterday in welcoming new recruits to the Lord's army.  I reflected on the story of the Army of Helaman this past week, and how these young boys can not only match but surpass the abilities of and legion that may stand in their way.  I really enjoy the Provo Temple, and it is so fun here whether I am working or I am just among those in my zone.  I have seen a few missionaries I recognize, and I have heard through my District leader that the mothers of those in my district all know each other.  I am attaching a few pictures of us to show how much fun we are having.  I gotta go but I will write more. 

Elder Tobler


Dear Family,

Just a few hours after writing the letter last week, I received the package of cinnamon rolls!  Last night, I had the opportunity to sing in the MTC Choir.  There is a large group of missionaries departing for Tijuana, many of them the same day.  On Sunday I was informed that I will be made Zone Leader since our current Elders in that position are leaving to Argentina next week. McKenzie Everett Gave me a haircut yesterday, I hope you see the picture she'll send you.
I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!  I am grateful for all of my family, my grandparents, little cousins (and the one [older] cousin).  I am grateful for my coaches, particularly Coach White, Brian, and Coach Henslee,  and I am grateful for the physical and mental endurance they have forged me into. I am grateful for my influential teachers, throughout the years, both in school and in church.  I reflect on your lessons when I study and read passages of scripture you discussed with me.  I am grateful for my neighbors, bosses, and my Calculus teacher for teaching me how to work hard.  To reiterate I am grateful for my parents, and my three very different but very amazing three little sisters, Kenzie, Cami, and Livi. 

Best of luck, until next Thursday!

Elder Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment