Thursday, November 14, 2013

1st Letter Home

Hola mi familia!

The MTC has been great so far!  All of the Spanish missions are in the West Campus that used to belong to BYU.  The first few days are always the most interesting, but now that I have settled into the groove everything has been grand.  I have seen Aunt Nikki in the Cafeteria and I have seen a few friends who entered the same day as me around the campuses.  If Brother Halloran is still wondering why he might be seeing missionaries walking around Provo at 8:30 at night, it is because we have to walk back to our apartment from the devotional on the main campus.  All of the rooms are converted from the dorms, which makes it seem like we are always in the same room.  The food tastes fine, but is a little... weird.  The eating schedule is very close together, with a late breakfast, a little bit early lunch and a WAY early dinner.  I share the apartment with my whole district, with a companionship in every room.  There are working on trying to finish moving in before winter.  My companion is Elder Scholes (sho-ls), or Elder Skulls.  He is the only one in the district that is also from Utah, he grew up in Hyrum.  It was interesting, actually, we sat right by each other on the bus to our campus on the first day before we knew we were companions.  My District Leader is from outside of Spokane, there are Two from Arizona, and one from Pocatello. We have already said farewell to the Zone Leaders who were here when we arrived.  I still wish I could run a bit more, but street basketball is always fun.  My Spanish has been going very fast, and I thank Sra. W, Sra. Halverson, and Coach Fletcher for giving me a head start!

I hope Kenzie is okay, and I hope everyone at home is handling life alright.  I received your letter the other day, thank Livi for the picture.  I heard about the storm in the Phillipeans from L Tom Perry this past week.  I wish the best of luck to those who are effected.  Thank you everyone for helping me get here.  I gotta go, but I will write again next week!

Sincerely, 

Elder Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment